Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'M DIFFERENT YEAH I'M DIFFERENT

Hello my lovely's

Welcome to the last Thursday in February...Geez time is flying by.

I have such EXCITING news to share with you.

I am co-hosting the "Think outside the blog" Hop this week. WHOO HOOO for those of you that do not know what this blog hop is about, its for people like me who don't fit into anyone's mold. Who is unique, who is not the norm, who is eclectic....You know some one who is different, yeah that's right I'M DIFFERENT!

This is my first time co-hosting anything and I hope I do this right so it won't be my last LOL. HUGE Shout Out to my new love Mama Harris of "From the Kitchen of Mama Harris" who hit me up and gave me this awesome opportunity. Thanks love :) and big shout out to those that have been apart of this awesomely successful blog hop 

So I decided to share a little bit about me so if you are a first time visitor strap in and sit back as we go on a lyrical journey of my life. Hope you enjoy and please come back and see me again *wink wink*

I go by Songstress, and I am a new blogger. I love to talk, write, and all things music, including singing so I decided to compile all that together and came up with this blog. 

I have been blogging now for about 6 months. WHOOO HOOO how exciting is that? No one told me though that blogging years are like dog years lol. I feel like I have been doing this thing forever. But nonetheless I LOVE IT!!

So why did I start my blog you ask? Well, it was all because of this chick who I sometimes call friend.....haha no she's definitely my friend but I do think she bamboozled me into this. Anyways, she started her blog a while back, and this is something that I used to think about doing back in the day when it wasn't as popular but it was a way to get your thoughts out and share whatever you wanted to with the world or privately in what was once known as an online diary or journal.

So with her persuasion I decided to take a leap of faith and start my blog. I wanted to share my hurts, my pain, my loves, my fun, my laughter and my personality with whomever was wiling to read it. And surprisingly I received an overwhelming response and made some new lovely blogging buddies which I am even more ecstatic about.

In taking that leap of faith I have opened up a whole new world, fun, and adventure and I am excited to see where it takes me. 

So as you know this is the "Think outside the blog" hop so my blog does not fit into any one mold. I talk about a lot of stuff, product reviews, my dating life (or lack there of) being a single black woman from Michigan living in California, my semi new natural hair journey and so much more. So if you like what you see so far, please feel free to add me via GFC (Google Friend Connect) and/or any of my other Social Networking Sites. Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you back real soon.

THE HOSTS:

(Highlight, press CTRL+C to COPY)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're a part of this!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Co-hosting, am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you.

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you my dear Songstress?? That's what makes you extra special....being different is always a good thing!!! I actually like that song! :-)

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool! And it's cool to be different :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for blogging!!! Congrats on co-hosting!!! Wishing you many more years of blogging! ya thats right i said years! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv ya Nikki! Thanks for the intro. Although, I read your blog, I didn't know how you got started blogging. :)

    Now I know. lol <3

    ReplyDelete